Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 03:37:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 368
Total: 368

Permissions

Author Topic: PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)  (Read 5956 times)

Offline Zeet

• Administrator
  • More down to earth than others!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ambushsite.com
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« on: May 17, 2005, 01:37:12 PM »
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)

" He began going into more specifics about the system, including its usage of Blu-ray discs for storage. Blu-rays are capable of storing six times what DVDs can hold. It was also revealed that the PS3 would be backwards compatible with both the PS2 and PS1. After revealing these basic details, he began rattling off a laundry list of technical features of the system, which we'll get to in a bit.

One of the more important tech bits was that the system's CPU is called the Cell, and it runs 35 times faster than the PS2's Emotion Engine.

In fact, it was revealed that it's even faster than the Xbox 360's CPU. "
:hotbouns:  Not Smack - Just Fact  :hotbouns:

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 02:05:52 PM »
My favorite quote from the Sony CEO is: "The PS3 should be called the PS720 when compared to the Xbox 360!"

Also to add to the PS3, it will play UMD disks that are made for the PSP, use the same memory sticks that the PSP uses, and will also connect the PSP to the PS3.

ATI will be doing Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution's graphics, and nVidia's graphics will be going to the PS3. Which will be a very smart move by Sony!

The PS3 processor speed is supposed to be somewhere around 5.3 GHz and have the output of 8 processors built into one!

Even though the Xbox 360 will be a powerful system, from what I have seen, the PS3's power is stronger than some top of the line gaming computers!
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 02:06:43 PM »
My favorite quote from the Sony CEO is: "The PS3 should be called the PS720 when compared to the Xbox 360!"

Also to add to the PS3, it will play UMD disks that are made for the PSP, use the same memory sticks that the PSP uses, and will also connect the PSP to the PS3.

ATI will be doing Xbox 360 and Nintendo Revolution's graphics, and nVidia's graphics will be going to the PS3. Which will be a very smart move by Sony!

The PS3 processor speed is supposed to be somewhere around 5.3 GHz and have the output of 8 processors built into one!

Even though the Xbox 360 will be a powerful system, from what I have seen, the PS3's power is stronger than some top of the line gaming computers!

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 12:47:30 PM »
Just because a processor runs faster doesn't mean that it is faster.  I have a bigger engine in my truck than many cars, but those little bitty riced up Hondas can beat me. Mostly because they are geared differently than me.  I am geared for powered, they are geared for speed.  But see who makes ith through the snow better?

If the code that is sent to the processor isn't tuned code, we will end up with a processor that is bogged down in code, instead of cruising through at high speeds.

What is your take on the systems Anderson?
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005, 08:11:10 PM »
My take on the gaming systems is that I will go with the one that has the best game support. Yea power is great, but without the games, it’s just a paperweight. It also depends on how the games use that power. If the game has bots in it for like a FPS, then the data sent to the processor will determine how they act. Sony has talked about how the PS3’s cell processor will be able to split up and take on this task. When they were talking about the system, they commented that their processor will be powerful enough to control everything to the point where you could be in a battle against over 1,000 enemies in games like Dynasty Warriors.

For me, I went with the PS2 first because it had some of the best games on it and quite a bit of them are a platform game where the Xbox or the Game Cube will never see. Now most games are built onto each system so that makes it a lot harder to choose which one to go with. I haven’t even decided what system I would like to get when I can afford it because a lot of them are focusing that power since each system will have the same type of games on it.

The nice thing with these next gen consoles is that they are going with the backwards compatibility to their previous systems. With the PS3, you will be able to go all the way back to the Playstation one right out of the box. With the Xbox 360 it will play the first Xbox, but it will require the hard drive which so far I cannot figure out if they will, or will not come with the system.  A lot of my sources say it does, and some of them say it does not. I do not believe it will because with the Xbox they ended up loosing money from it, but still it was one of the best ideas to the point where you did not have to buy memory cards for each and every different system. With the Nintendo Revolution, it will play the Game Cube games. (That’s only special once you find a good game for their system. :lol) They did talk about being able to download the older versions from the Nintendo 64 and on down.

Each gaming system will have its advantages and disadvantages for when they come out. For me, I probably will go with the PS3 because it sounds like they have the best support with hardware and games. A really nice thing Sony has decided to do is release the system during the spring where most people are more likely to buy a system where there is no Christmas rush or competing against another system for their share in the market

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 05:00:41 PM »
Here is a place where you can check out the PS3's system specs!

[size=20]Yay it the [/size][size=30]PS3[/size]

:rpg:

[Edited on 5-19-2005 by Mr_Anderson]

Offline jharsh

• How the heck is THAT?!?
    • View Profile
    • www.386page.com
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 12:58:02 PM »
What’s nice is the ps3 will have full support for ps2 and ps1 games. Microsoft so far is only saying the xbox 360 will support top xbox titles (Which I take as you can play about 5-10 xbox games on the 360 and all the rest will not work on the 360).

Needless to say I will be buying a ps3 when they come out as I have a large amount of ps1 and ps2 games.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 07:44:07 PM »
Exactly.

But also with those classic (new and old) games will come a great power in the new system!

With systems power, it will be doing laps around the Xbox 360. Now they just need to get a great game lineup for it!

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 11:20:22 AM »
This is making it hard to decide what to get.
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
  • I be plundering the interweb for booty.
    • View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 01:11:18 PM »
I'll Stick with PC, all I ever wanted in a gaming system plus my keyboard.
No matter how hard you try to push the envelope, remember it's only stationary.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 02:00:24 PM »
Yeah, but there are some cool games out there on the consoles.

I will go out on a limb and say that I think that with the technology in the consoles, PCs may actually have a competitor in the entertainment field.  And since the PC is something that needs to be upgraded frequently and at great expense, the console will have a big advantage.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 04:14:35 PM »
Especially when the game systems are starting to get more powerful than that of an everyday computer. But of course, a system will make it or break it by the games and support of those titles to only that system.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 04:15:58 PM »
And sometimes, even the PC has nothing but crappy games to deal with.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 04:18:43 PM »
Sometimes it is hard to find a good game every once in a while.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 09:20:54 PM »
There are many great games out there for the consoles but I need a keyboard to play and most systemss don't offer that.

I guess it's my own failling but that just me.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2005, 09:56:42 PM »
Actually the PS2 has a keyboard that you can use. There even is a version that has a keyboard built into the controller!

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2005, 10:47:40 AM »
Learn to be flexible my friend.  embrace the differences.  overcome the difficulties and p0wn them all!

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2005, 12:39:52 PM »
Yes!!

A11 wi11 b3 p0wn3d 6y m3!!

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2005, 09:35:34 PM »
Something just announced with the PS3 is that it will be able to talk to the PSP through the internet. By doing this, if you happen to be in another state, or even in another country and you happen to forget your memory stick, don’t worry! What Sony has done is that your PSP will be able to download any game saves, music, photo's, etc. that might be on your memory card strait from your PS3 and store it onto your PSP! With this feature, you will be able to transfer music that you get tired of hearing, download that latest game save that was stored on your PS3, or even transfer some entertainment like photo’s and movies in between each other!

Offline snauzberries

• Bless me I snauzed!
    • View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2005, 12:15:47 AM »
Whoa sounds complicated

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2005, 10:51:08 AM »
No, it sounds like power to me.

The only problem that I find with that, is that you would have to find a wireless network that will let you access it to download what you need and not every place has one of those networks. I have seen a few hotels offer that, and you could go to one of the internet coffie shops. Other than that it is pretty hard to find a network that you could access.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2005, 12:16:24 PM »
Let me see

7 Coffe Shops in town
1 Mcdonalds
12 Misc place that I have seen (Loss of Memory)

All Advertiseing Free Wireless Intrenet Access.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2005, 01:48:14 PM »
Originally posted by JollyRoger
1 Mcdonalds

A McDonalds??

Where at??

Well, I haven't seen that many wireless networks that are free, but I usually don't really look for thoses kind of places.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2005, 09:05:21 PM »
21st and Cornhusker Road in bellevue
Grand Opening is Tomarrow

[Edited on 6-25-2005 by JollyRoger]

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
PS3 is Revealed!!! ;)
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2005, 07:02:01 PM »
Some new info on the PS3 is that it will be able to hook up 7 controllers wirelessly! YAY no more aditional thing I have to buy besides controllers!

Also something that I did notice on the back of the PS3 when they first showed pictures of it, it had 2 audio/video ports on it. That was something that I never thought it was going to be usefull.

Until today when I met the Playstation rep, he informed me that it was actually for a dual monitor display for pretty much multiplayer games. Instead of having split screen, you could set up a second TV and get the full view of the game!

[Edited on 7-12-2005 by Mr_Anderson]