Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:28:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 233
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Permissions

Author Topic: XBox 360  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« on: May 13, 2005, 02:57:09 PM »
If you wanted info on the Xbox 360, you should of let me know!

I could probably give you about two pages of information that I've gathered on it.

And it still is growing!

The only problem I have is that I do not know which one I will go with, the PS3 or the Xbox 360.
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 04:36:27 PM »
I guess Z wants me to have my own page for the Xbox 360 so he moved this post.

Hmmm

Alright, any questions??

Or do you want system specs??

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:27:55 AM »
Here is an update of the Xbox 360.

Microsoft is currently trying to push the Xbox 360 to come with a hard drive (about 20Gb), but from their first Xbox, they ended up loosing money from this idea.

I beleive that they will end up selling the hard drive seperate for about $60 to $120 which will be very useful considering that the Xbox 360 is backwords compatible with the fist xbox. (For those who own one, you don't have to sell all of your games if you get rid of it!)

They want the base price to be about 299.99 that includes the Xbox 360, wirless audio video, power cable, one wireless controller, and a hard drive.

Knowing the retail side of a new consol release, most stores will make you purchase a few games or accessories with it.

So if you do want to purchase the next and upcoming gaming machine when it first releases, you might want to get ready to shell out about  $400 to $500 with the accessorie kit and games.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:40:13 PM »
Sorry Z, I already knew the processor speed of the Xbox 360 and what they were doing to it with IBM. But here is some things you might not know. With that processor, there will be three symmetrical cores running at that 3.2 GHz speeds. With the cores, it will be running two hardware threads per core with six hardware cores total.

That custom designed graphics processor will be pushing 500 MHz from ATI much like their Radeon X800. It will be sporting a 500 M/sec at peak polygon performance. The texture quality will be pushing 16 simultaneous textures with bilinear filtering. It will be pushing a maximum resolution at 1920x1080 for those guys who like their display very small! While also talking about display, some of the new games will be designed with the Unreal 3 engine.

If you want some knew info, the Xbox 360 will have some new accessories much similar to the PS2. What they have right now is a prototype of a camera that will allow you do some video chat with an Xbox live subscribers.

Some new features are that with the DVD remote is not needed for progressive-scan DVD playback, and power the Xbox on and off. Also for those who own the Windows Media Center, you will be able to control that. From what I have seen and heard with the remote that there is a chance that you might be able to record TV shows like TiVo, control your VCR and TV, and switch to Xbox live at any time!

Here ya go for the Xbox update!

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 05:16:38 PM »
NEW NEWS!! :D YAY!!

Here is the latest on the Xbox 360.

They will be coming out with two versions of the Xbox 360, one is in a silver box that is a gamer package and the other kit will have the basics.

The Gamer package will include: The console, one wireless controller, one composite AV cable, one 20 Gig Hard Drive, One Ethernet cable, one gaming headset, premium chrome details (I'm not too sure what that is and the Xbox rep. I talked to did not know either) and a subscription to Xbox Live Silver + 30 day free trial to Xbox live Gold.

The Basic kit will include: The console, one wired controller, one composite AV cable and a subscription to Xbox Live Silver + 30 day free trial to Xbox live Gold.

The Gamer package will be 399.99 and the basic package will be 299.99. The date for the systems release has not been released, but is slated mid November.

The Xbox Live Silver is a way to communicate to friends and keep a list of all of them. It also has a message center to send and receive messages plus will do an auto update of the system and games.

With the Xbox Live Gold, it is almost the same as the Xbox Live Silver but it allows you to play against people, have exclusive downloads for the games and a easier way to match up with the people that could be best suited to play you. Also there will be a monthly fee with this subscription, the price is still undetermined.

If you already happen to have an Xbox Live subscription right now, everything of yours will be transferred over to the new Xbox Live Gold.

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
  • Well, Santa is 2000 years old....
    • View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 12:06:47 PM »
And that is still why I am not a fan of consoles.  I can just get on my computer and frag away with having to pay for play every month.
Mediocre people are always at their best.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
  • I be plundering the interweb for booty.
    • View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 01:14:15 PM »
Amen, Brother.
No matter how hard you try to push the envelope, remember it's only stationary.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005, 05:17:12 PM »
Well with the PS3, it has free internet access. But of course, I can't give the beatdown to ya'll on the game systems! :D

Offline snauzberries

• Bless me I snauzed!
    • View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2005, 04:17:27 PM »
Ahem.....Jolly should i pull out my NES skillz on him?

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
XBox 360
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2005, 06:18:28 PM »

I have not seen a NES in so long....