Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:05:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 365
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 285
Total: 285

Permissions

Author Topic: NEW RELEASE DATE  (Read 40041 times)

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2005, 05:37:06 PM »
Well, I was playing one server that I was sniping in and I do not know why but they kicked me off of it.
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline snauzberries

• Bless me I snauzed!
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2005, 07:00:54 AM »
*point at anderson* H4X0R!

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2005, 06:25:46 PM »
Oh man....

Not again. :rolleyes:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2005, 04:02:38 PM »
He misses, trust me, he misses.  I died many times while he pinged away at the attacker.  :sniper:
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2005, 04:30:43 PM »
Thank You Z :D

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
    • http://www.xbitlabs.com/
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2005, 11:48:56 AM »
1.03 Update Progress
In this space about a month ago, EA and DICE listed many of the feature tweaks and updates that are pending for the 1.03 Update. In order to address the key issues as quickly as possible, we set an aggressive release date for the end of August. Unfortunately, as we approach the end of this month, it has become apparent that we will not meet this goal, and we wanted to keep you abreast of our progress. We are committed to making the 1.03 Update as comprehensive as possible, so while it is important to us to keep the release date, it is more important that we take the time to do this right. We will avoid committing to another date, but know that our goal is to get 1.03 out as quickly as possible. Keep fighting soldiers, the 1.03 Update is coming

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2005, 09:51:22 AM »
I bet they are working on the network code, BIG TIME!!  This thing lags Soooo bad!
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2005, 11:03:33 AM »
I did try contacing EA about some of the issues I have been having with the network, and even told them that I had all the ports that they listed open, but the only responce they gave me was their generic awnser listed on their site to open the ports.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2005, 10:43:28 AM »
Here is an interesting thread regarding the "Verifying Data" issue:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/topic.asp?fid=7419&tid=1708002

The bottom of page 4 has a post that I will try tonight when I have a chance.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2005, 04:38:11 PM »
I did not see anything that you could try. The forum for EA was closed and I could not find anything that you were talking about.

I did get some new responses from EA (After chewing them out for their generic responses that I told them I already did in my question.) and they said that there has been some problems that "Higher Profile" games need the VIA Chipsets updated. So I am going to try to update them and hopefully have no issues.

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
  • I be plundering the interweb for booty.
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2005, 09:37:18 PM »
Originally posted by Mr_Anderson
I did not see anything that you could try. The forum for EA was closed and I could not find anything that you were talking about.

I did get some new responses from EA (After chewing them out for their generic responses that I told them I already did in my question.) and they said that there has been some problems that "Higher Profile" games need the VIA Chipsets updated. So I am going to try to update them and hopefully have no issues.

Jump to Page four (4) and READ Post #60...
No matter how hard you try to push the envelope, remember it's only stationary.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2005, 09:42:57 PM »
Yea, I was reading the wrong page when I posted that. I've already read it now.

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2005, 06:22:36 AM »
Community Update – 9/30/05

Battlefield 2 1.03 Update Enters Final QA Pass
That's right, troops. Barring any last minute issues, the 1.03 update is only a few days from release now. We thought this occasion warranted a post covering the major features and fixes coming in 1.03, so settle back and enjoy.

Wake Island 2007
That's right, the 1.03 update bundles the first official map release from EA and DICE. In this case the map is a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 -- Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island. Pick a side and fight to win!

The new Wake Island map comes to you free of charge thanks to Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel. Visit it at Fileplanet’s new Battlefield 2 Channel

New Features
Stats compare - view the extended stats details for any other player in your BFHQ simply by double-clicking on their name on the leader board or using the new search feature!
Server Favorites and History - find your favorite servers that much easier. No more searching for them through the main server list!
Nickname Prefix - Add and change your clan tag to your account name at will. No more creating alternate account names to cover the changes in your competitive lifestyle!
Supply Drop Icons - Supply drops now appear on the main map and within the 3D Map. Find that elusive supply drop much, much quicker!
Points for Destroying Command Objects - players now receive points for destroying the commander's toys. Special Forces players rejoice!
Server Reserved Slots - Server Operators can now set aside slots for their admins to join a full server at any time!
Vehicle Passengers - the names of players in a vehicle with you are now displayed when you enter or change seats.
Countermeasures - a reload bar has been added for vehicle countermeasures. You'll always know now when you can set off that next flare!
Tweaks
Point Farming changes - DICE has implemented functionality that makes it significantly harder to point farm on Ranked Servers.
Mod Support - Mods now work properly with the Dedicated Server! Additionally, the game will automatically switch mods when joining a server that is running a mod you have installed but do not have activated.
Map tweaks - Spawn menu map and Commander maps now scale based on the size of the level being played (16, 32 or 64 players). Mini-map also scales automatically based on the vehicle type you are using (manual changes to zoom levels are remembered as well).
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!
Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions.
Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.
Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers.
…and much, much more!

See everyone on the Battlefield soon!

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2005, 11:11:06 AM »
Originally posted by Boomslang
Commander scoring - No more TKs from Artillery!
Vehicle tweaks - No more accidental kills from bumping a friend with your tank (try to avoid hitting him at speed though) and no more struggling uphill in an APC. Also no more improper TK allocation from vehicle explosions.
Auto Team Balance tweaks - Commanders and Squad Leaders now immune to team switch.
Anti-Air Missiles - These are now much more effective against fast-movers.

Finally something very usefull!

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2005, 03:21:11 PM »
*sighs*

Yes this seem nice but how many bugs did they create?

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2005, 10:30:34 PM »
Thanks Jolly, I was feeling all good about this update. But now you just broght me down. :;(:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2005, 01:01:59 PM »
I was just complaing about the Special Forces not getting points for destroying the UAV, Satellite, and arty. Last night.  I had Anderson hunting me for quite a while.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2005, 02:16:46 PM »
all these new features will be nice, I just fear the DICE/EA syndrome.

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2005, 06:04:47 PM »
BF2 patch 1.03
Alpha - 2 Sept
· Beta - 19 Sept
· Final - 23 Sept
· CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept
· Release - 3 Oct

Wake Island· In a surprise move, forces of the People's Liberation Army have attacked and captured Wake Island in a bid to threaten US lines of supply. USMC forces have been short-stopped from their deployment in Manchuria to respond to this new threat. The airbase on Wake Island is the lynchpin of the Chinese air threat, however it is highly susceptible to ground attack from either the northern

Compare Feature· By clicking the COMPARE button in BFHQ, you can search for another players name and load their current stats into BFHQ. Using the arrow buttons next to the name in the top-left corner of the menu, you can toggle between your stats and their stats. You can also load a player's stats by double-clicking on their name in any leaderboard.

Favorites/History· There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.

BF2 Account Tag · You can add a 6-character prefix to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the scoresheet, in game messages, and above your player. This prefix does not change your account name or statistic information (e.g. the prefix does not appear next to your name on the leaderboards). You can change this prefix at any time at the account login menu.

Server Reserved Slots· Server admins can define a list of player BF2 account names which will reserve VIP slots on the server.

Engineer/Helicopter· Modified the rate at which engineer can repair a helicopter while sitting in the helicopter. It now takes longer for the engineer to repair the helicopter.

Vehicle/Control Point Capture· Only one person in a vehicle counts towards a control point capture. If passengers want to increase the rate of the flag change, they must disembark from the vehicle.

Vehicle/Soldier interaction· Improved physics of vehicles against soldiers so that soldiers are not as easily killed by moving vehicles. Bring on the wing-walkers!

Auto Balance· Auto team balance no longer moves the commander or squad leaders to the other team.

Point Farming· Limits placed on ability to point farm.

Rank/Awards· Criteria for gaining ranks and awards has been changed.

Supply Drop· The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D-map icon in the world.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2005, 12:16:13 AM »
Originally posted by Boomslang

BF2 patch 1.03
Alpha - 2 Sept
· Beta - 19 Sept
· Final - 23 Sept
· CQC/ECG Sub - 28 Sept
· Release - 3 Oct

Well, hate to say it. But they missed their mark again...

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2005, 01:22:51 AM »
Told ya....Now for the bug report!

[Edited on 10-4-2005 by JollyRoger]

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2005, 08:57:05 AM »
EA listens to Battlefield players

It's not another Sims expansion, I promise

By Marc McEntegart: Tuesday 04 October 2005, 14:16

THE NEWEST patch for the monstrously successful online game Battlefield 2 will be released in the nest few days, barring any unexpected delays.
Several additions will be made that will amply justify the unusually large update, the biggest of which is to be a new map from EA and Digital Illusions. The map is, according to the community update post, "a modern-era update of one of the most popular maps from Battlefield 1942 - Wake Island. The People's Liberation Army has invaded Wake to threaten American supply lines. In response the US Marine Corps has been dispatched to reclaim the island."

Players will also be treated to a number of new features for generally improved gameplay. These will include icons for highlighting supply drops on the main map, the ability to see the names of passengers present in a vehicle and a favourites and history list to allow players easily add servers or check back in on a server they have enjoyed.

While most of these additions may seem to be quite unnecessary (the money is being made on Battlefield anyway) it is nice to see so much being done to support a game for which users don't need to pay to play online. Hopefully this level of attention and customer service will remain a stamp for gamers online.

This patch is set to be around 175MB and will be the first major patch since the 1.01 update. µ

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2005, 12:47:52 PM »
I can understand once in a while having a delay or set back but for EA it is all the time. What ever happen to releasing software that is good, or if it needs a patch releasing the patch n time.  

This patch was originaly scheduled for august.
now october 3... It's the fourth not that thats a huge deal I am just tired of
delayed promises

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2005, 01:48:19 PM »
THE PATCH IS OUT THE PATCH IS OUT:dance::transloc::transloc::transloc::shock::shock::mg-lft::mg-lft::plasma::D:sword:

Contacts