Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43
Total: 43

Permissions

Author Topic: NEW RELEASE DATE  (Read 39626 times)

Offline Wolverine of Ambush!

• 88 Members
  • Ker-schnick!
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2005, 12:48:25 PM »
you can play it on mine too.  :wavey: YIPPEE!
Class is in Session.  Get ready to be schooled! :hat:

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2005, 10:57:07 PM »
I just got it and I have to say that they did some major improvements compared to BF1942. But so far it is a great game! :sword:

[Edited on 7-2-2005 by Mr_Anderson]
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
  • I be plundering the interweb for booty.
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2005, 02:26:26 AM »
There is support for 128 player servers is the game thaey have not implemented it though, because of the hardware strain it would cause. There is also another came type that they didn't implement, it's called supply line, and in some of the maps you can see in the discription that it is there, but it is not availible to play. if you serch the game file you can see that they were not ready yo release the game yet. so i am eager to see what the pathes will bring.

cool thing is all the scripting in the game is done in python and the are wxternal to the game and easy to modify if you know python.
No matter how hard you try to push the envelope, remember it's only stationary.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2005, 12:39:52 PM »
Jolly... Great report, but MAN did you SNAUZ that whole thing!
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2005, 01:24:37 PM »
wrote thjat at three 0'clock in the morning I am sorry

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2005, 03:01:22 PM »
Have you ever heard of something called spell checker??

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
    • http://www.xbitlabs.com/
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2005, 09:07:02 PM »

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2005, 02:36:58 PM »
Wish I could.  The cost of the video card is currently outside my budget.  I had that emergency storage problem, which is fixed thanks to Anderson, and that ate a bit of my VidCard budget to fix.  At least until the rebates show up. ;)
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2005, 06:29:58 PM »
I've been play for the last to days. This game is better than I hope for. I remeber the first time of playing COD. Got the same rush with BF2. The only thing better will be COD 2 I hope.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2005, 08:08:05 PM »
From what I have read and seen with COD 2, you don't need to hope. It will be better!! :buttrock:

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2005, 08:51:22 AM »

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2005, 12:57:55 PM »
Well....

EA is not that very smart.

Last year they almost had a strike because they were not going to pay their employe's for any overtime work.

So, that dosn't really suprise me.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2005, 02:58:38 PM »
Is everyone patching to the current patch, or are you waiting until the next one is out?

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2005, 03:37:47 PM »
We are at 1.02

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2005, 12:54:17 AM »
So far 1.02 seems fairly stable and I thingk there are only three bugs or something like that. 1.03 is due out in mid to late (late) august, it is supused too fixx them and probably cause a few more.

I guess it is suposed to fix the whole point farming thing, I just don't like how they're going about it.

People need to lay off the freaking stats thing. I am getting a little tiered of it. it is just a game, it's not like the point and ranks mean anything. just play the game and have fun.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2005, 02:18:29 PM »
I loaded it, but can't run it. They are serious about the minumum requirements. Apparently if you don't meet them, it just shuts down the game!!

I have 64MB of VRAM, and they want 128MB of VRAM.  I start the game, the screen goes black, flashes a few times, then drops back to the desktop.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2005, 02:28:19 PM »
There is a (fix) Out there that allows for GF4 cards but it takes out all detail texture depth and lighting. it allow for game play, but evenbalance might be calling it a video hack. Since you have a new card though you don't need to worry. I guess we will be playing BF2 this weekend

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2005, 02:44:43 PM »
Only a little. I want to get some serious CoD:UO gaming going.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2005, 03:18:53 PM »
And I can show you all the truth that I do play without crosshairs in my game!!

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2005, 08:37:57 AM »
http://gear.ign.com/articles/626/626714p5.html

This BF 2 tweak for the os. did me right:D

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2005, 07:29:24 AM »
Increasing Singleplayer Bots

To increase the number of bots used in singleplayer mode, go to your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI directory and open the file aidefault.ai with Notepad or Wordpad (make sure to create a backup copy of it first). Read the instructions in the file which basically involves placing the word REM in front of each of the first 5 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set', then removing the REM's in front of the next 4 lines starting with 'aiSettings.set'. Change the number at the end of the aiSettings.setMaxNBots 32 line to determine the number of bots to use (e.g. aiSettings.setMaxNBots 64 for 64 bots). Note that more bots can really stress your system and hence destabilize it, causing a crash back to desktop - particularly for those with older CPUs. For example, 64 bots on most systems will cause a crash

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2005, 02:56:15 PM »
http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=prima_02

If the entire team appears to be a lost cause, your first inclination may be to hop into the commander seat. However, your leadership skills are actually more effective in a squad leader role, especially if there aren't that many squads to begin with. Create your own squad and invite any lone wolf players to join through the "Manage Squad" option. New players may not know how to join a squad, so this is the best way to get them involved. Once you have three or four squad members, issue orders and maintain voice communication with them. Players are much more likely to respond to orders when you make a personal connection. Although it's possible to order your squad around from any position on the map, it's best to stay with your men so they can use you as a spawn point in the event that they die. This makes it much easier to apply consistent pressure against enemy-held control points. Note that this spawn point is available only when the squad leader is alive, so avoid taking unnecessary risks. In fact, hold back and provide suppressing fire until the squad clears out the area around a contested flag.

[After creating a squad, invite players to join it. This is the quickest way to populate a squad.]

Even a few effective squads may not be enough to save your team from defeat. Coordination and an overall battle plan is necessary to ensure victory. This is where the commander comes into play. While UAVs, radar scans, artillery strikes, and supply drops are helpful, the commander's biggest responsibility is issuing orders. First, however, the commander must have squads to issue orders to. The number of squads required differs based on the size of the teams. In most 16-player games, a team can get by with two squads. But in 32-player games, a team should be split into at least four squads. Even more squads are necessary in huge 64-player battles; each team can have a total of nine squads. It's up to the commander to suggest the formation of new squads. If there aren't enough squads, consider dividing six-man squads or convincing some lone-wolf players to create their own through the team chat function (the "K" key).

Once several squads are available, begin issuing orders to attack or defend key control points. In some situations it's a good idea to station you squads geographically, assigning them to a particular zone of the map. If manpower allows, assign them one specific control point, which they are responsible for attacking, defending, and counter attacking. Whenever possible avoid encouraging unnecessary flag chases. If your team has enough control points to bleed the enemy tickets, simply hold your current positions and dig in. This is especially important in head-on maps where the enemy always has a spawn point at their base. There's no need to spread your forces thin once you've achieved a ticket bleed. Defend! Defend! Defend!
Play on ranked servers to achieve higher ranks and earn weapon unlocks. The first weapon unlock is available at Lance Corporal (1,000 points).]

Gameplay Tips

•   If you like playing as a team, always play on a ranked server. These servers accumulate stats and are likely to attract players who are serious about winning. Now that points are awarded for healing, re-supplying, and repairing, players are more willing to give their teammates a helping hand, making the gameplay experience much more enjoyable.
•   Your squad's medic just got shot? Don't worry. Grab his kit (the "G" key) and use the shock paddles to revive him. Once revived, the rescued squad member automatically grab the nearest available kit…most likely whatever you dropped. You're stuck as a medic until you find another kit lying around.
•   Even if you haven't achieved a high rank, you can still pick up unlocked weapons dropped by higher ranking teammates or enemies. This is a good way to test out the different weapons before deciding on an upgrade.
•   The medic's L85A1 and assault kit's G3 are both good choices for your first unlocked weapon. The L85A1 may not be as powerful as the AK-101 or AK-47, but it's more accurate, plus it has a scope. The G3 is the most powerful assault rifle available, but only has a 20-round magazine. Consider using it at intermediate to long range on the semi-auto setting.
•   If its two mini-guns are manned, the Marine HH-60H Seahawk transport helicopter is a devastating ground attack weapons platform. Unlike its Chinese and MEC counterparts, the rapid firing mini-guns make it possible to mow down infantry (and light vehicles) with ease. The guns should be manned by engineers. This way if the chopper is damaged, they can switch to a passenger position and conduct repairs with their wrench while the helicopter is still airborne.
•   Keep your Squad Leader alive at all costs. While he is alive, you can use him as a walking spawn point. This way you can surprise the enemy: they think you're alone, then all of a sudden you have five teammates with you.
•   Don't be rude. When a vehicle spawns, wait to see if anyone needs a ride. Don't leave other soldiers behind when they can help with the fight.
•   Switch up your soldier class to Medic and Engineer and help with healing or fixing. Don't always play the same class through the entire map.
•   As Commander and Squad leaders, take the time to come up with attack plans. Be vocal to your Squad mates and base capturing becomes be much easier.
•   As Squad members, listen to your Squad Leader and Commanders. Don't go all rogue and try and fight the fight by yourself. Listening to orders can help win the fight.
•   Accidents happen. If you kill another member of your team be apologetic. Let them know you're sorry right away and you didn't mean it. Team killing can get you kicked off the server and ruins the game for everyone.

[Edited on 8-16-2005 by Boomslang]

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2005, 10:01:54 AM »
You know under normal cercumstances I'd have to say that is a really good article about BF2. Unfortunatly I could pick apart some thing from the article and tell you that this person dosen't play that much BF2 online, or has found all the server that don't have any Jerk, Punks, Point Farmers, and kick voters, on all the darn time.

I Love the game, I just hate playing on most of the servers out there.
It is a good article, I just happen to disagree with some of it.

Offline Boomslang

• View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2005, 02:05:34 PM »
You must have be off line that day?

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
NEW RELEASE DATE
« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2005, 02:14:53 PM »
Yeah, That day! lol