Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 233
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Permissions

Author Topic: Warning: Online game playing can be hazardous to one's health.  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
Warning: Online game playing can be hazardous to one's health.
« on: September 18, 2005, 07:53:59 PM »
I came accross this in the news that is dealing with the death of a gamer from South Korea who died in the result of gaming more than 50 hours without taking a break. Right now Asia is determining if they will add that same sicker that you can find on addictive products like cigarettes and liquor to the packaging of all online games.

Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
  • Well, Santa is 2000 years old....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2005, 02:08:12 AM »
Dude, that's old news.
Mediocre people are always at their best.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2005, 01:31:58 PM »
He said so-called hard-core online gamers--people who play for 20 hours or more a month--now make up about a third of the gaming community.

Guess this make most of us "hard-core" gamers.  
<soapbox>
This really bugs me.  I have seen other articles including one where a couple left their baby unattended for 20 hours[/bold] so that they could play an MMO.  The really sad part is that their mother-in-law was upstairs and could have watched the child.  And who do they blame?  THE GAME!!!!

Gimme a break people, how about taking a little responsibility!!  I have a full lifestyle that can really get in the way of gaming, but I don't game to the exclusion of all other things.  I even cut back on my gaming because I have a wonderful wife that loves to see me once in a while.

I am sick and tired of people blaming other things and people for their failure to be responsible for their own actions.  If you cut a tree down and it falls on your car...  IT IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE CAR NOR THE TREE, IT IS THE FAULT OF THE IDIOT WITH THE CHAINSAW!!!!  YOU CUT IT!!!
</soapbox>

Pardon my tirade, But I do feel better.  I even linked this in my journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/zw_ambush/2332.html
--------------------------------
Zoƫ: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.