Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47
Total: 47

Permissions

Author Topic: Ingress: First Saturday - 1-3-2015  (Read 4565 times)

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
Ingress: First Saturday - 1-3-2015
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:26:20 AM »
For those of you playing Ingress today is the first FS of the year.  A chance to freeze your royal Rastafarian nay-nays off while trying to put it over on the opposing faction.
Maybe I will see you there?
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
  • I be plundering the interweb for booty.
    • View Profile
Re: Ingress: First Saturday - 1-3-2015
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:15:02 AM »
What is this? How does it work? Explain!!! ( I suddenly read that in a Dalek voice)
No matter how hard you try to push the envelope, remember it's only stationary.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:45:49 AM »
For more on Ingress see this post.

I am hoping we can get some of the band back together and start gaming together again.  :wink1:

Millard is in dire need of some Resistance activities.
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline snauzberries

• Bless me I snauzed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 11:42:37 AM »
If I Still lived in Millard I would help. I do come up once a month and hang out with people so I might be able to do some of it.

Offline Zeet

• Administrator
  • More down to earth than others!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ambushsite.com
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 01:24:47 PM »
Where do you live now? There are portals all over the world... and any US post offices usually are portals. Soooooo even small towns have portals.
:hotbouns:  Not Smack - Just Fact  :hotbouns:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 01:26:59 PM »
You can still join up with the Resistance in KC. The person who introduced me to the game lives in Independence and he told me that KC is very active.

Wasn't KC a anomaly location, Zeet?

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 01:39:27 PM »
Anomaly?

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 02:47:47 PM »
Major big event with huge attendance and prizes for the attendees and winning faction. See here for recaps of the events.

Offline Zeet

• Administrator
  • More down to earth than others!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ambushsite.com
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 10:45:06 PM »
Yes KC was an anomaly site. They are BIG events that they (Niantic- the organizers) have at key select cities all over the world. They usually a story theme connected to it. Like one time there was a "Virus" that one of the story characters were going to release and depending on what faction won the virus was or wasn't going to be released.

Here is a playlist of most of the youtube videos that came out promoting the story behind the 'Ingress Game'.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhPGNsC3CclaRBkQ5Ep7Etkm84MzCeGfY
:hotbouns:  Not Smack - Just Fact  :hotbouns:

Offline CaptionVic

• You wanna what?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 08:31:07 PM »
Check out my little triangle at Kenefick Park. Are keys a random draw? How do I get keys?
( ),/)
  (-.-)
o(_(")(")
------BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK------
 GOd--s+:+a+C+BU---P!LE--W+N+o-K++wOMV-PS--PEY--PGP---t+++5++X+R+!tvb-DI++DGe*h-.y+z+++
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Offline CaptionVic

• You wanna what?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »
Gray portals must not be common enough, keep finding them. I have few small fields. And some streams linked across C.B. What is with the knocking out my whole portal and then
leaving just one resonator. 
( ),/)
  (-.-)
o(_(")(")
------BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK------
 GOd--s+:+a+C+BU---P!LE--W+N+o-K++wOMV-PS--PEY--PGP---t+++5++X+R+!tvb-DI++DGe*h-.y+z+++
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 08:58:25 PM »
Keys are acquired by hacking portals. It is not a guarantee you will get one on a hack, but it isn't really random either.  If you already have the key the portal will not give another if it is in your inventory.  there are ways around that. Like dropping the key for the portal and then hacking the portal then picking the key you dropped back up. or the use of capsules.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2015, 08:47:17 AM »
Vince,
Be sure to go to http://bit.ly/omahaSmurf and join the Ingress Omaha Resistance community.  You will have to be authenticated with us before you are given access as we are careful not to let the Enlightened get access to the information we have there and in our HangOuts. Once in there we have a ton of information you can use to increase your skills and level even faster. Speaking of which... L5 already?!?  Way to go!
Right now your priority needs to be the following:
- Link portals. Do this as compact as possible so that you don't waste portals and can get as many fields as possible. Links are worth 300AP.

- Create fields. Link 3 portals together in a triangle and you get a field.  A field is worth 1500AP.

- Capture Portals. Right now you are not high enough to effeciently destroy higher level frog (the nickname for Enlightened players) portals.  You can take down up to about L3 or L4 portals without wasting XMPs but work with a high level player (like Jolly, Tony or myself) to take anything higher. Focus on uncaptured portals (white). Although you do get AP for each resonator you put on a portal you will get lots of AP for placing the first resonator and the last resonator on a portal.

- Upgrade resonators. You also get AP for upgrading other peoples resonators, but not for upgrading your own resonators. Note that this can only be done on a friendly portal.

- Hack enemy portals. Although not the most efficient way to get AP you do recieve 100AP for every hack of an enemy portal.  Hacking a friendly portal give you no AP unless you Glyph Hack.

- Glyph hack.  When you arrive at a portal and tap on it you get the portal menu. If you hold down on the Hack button you will see a yellow bar appear above the Hack button and eventually you will be taken to the Glyph Hacking interface. Consider this a game within a game.  Depending on the level of the portal you will be shown between 1 and 7 glyphs in sequence and you will need to duplicate that sequence correctly to receive the full bonus. Don't panic if you can't do them all, you still get bonus for each one you get right.  For each one you get right you get 50AP and a 10% bonus on resources from the hack.  If you get them all right the bonus amount goes up quite a bit higher than that.  This is a GREAT way to get a lot of AP for not a lot of work.  Remember that hacking enemy portals also gives you 100AP as well so if you Glyph Hack an enemy portal you can quickly get a lot of AP.  Glyph Hacking (GH) also gives you points every time you successfully complete a sequence and those will become important to you once you hit L8 and have to get those medals as well as AP.

If you have a Google+ (G+) account please look-up Tony (Zeet959), Jim Francl or myself (W. Andy Roche) and add us as friends.  From there we can also use Hang Outs to communicate and get you leveled even faster.