Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Permissions

Author Topic: PSYC 1000....how to piss off your professor  (Read 2191 times)

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
  • Well, Santa is 2000 years old....
    • View Profile
PSYC 1000....how to piss off your professor
« on: March 16, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »
Tomorrow you wake up and realize you want to be a Psychologist. Given the contents in Chapter 1 regarding the different careers in Psychology, what type of Psychologist would you want to be and why? Provide examples and evidence to support your specific career choice. You may want to obtain more information online on this specific branch of Psychology.

I woke up this morning and have decided what I want to do with my life.  I want to be a Psychologist.  Not just any Psychologist mind you but an Occupational Psychologist.  I might even be able to pay off my student loans within my life time if I diligently follow this career path.  The Occupational Psychologist can have a really exciting career helping the poor office cubical workers realize their dreams of being more productive for less pay.  Yes I can even help employers rationalize how inhumane work conditions can have beneficial effects in the work place.  Yes, by understanding the work place and motivational behaviorisms, I can effectively raise profits by pulling the last spark of life out of the downtrodden worker.  All I need to have is a four year bachelors degree and I’m ready to ruin the lives of workers everywhere.
A few of the duties I will have will be as follows; 
•   identifying abilities and developing potential - through using tests and job-relevant exercises at selection, and in career counselling.
•   motivating people - in designing payment and reward systems, and advising on health and safety issues.
•   assessing performance both on and off the job - in designing appraisal systems, advising on stress management.
•   helping people and organisations adapt to change - advising on how to change attitudes and behaviours to improve customer service.
•   designing effective organisations - advising on the best type of management systems, identifying effective human resources strategies, and designing jobs to fit peoples' skills.
Liam Healy & Associates http://www.psychometrics.co.uk/what.html
Mediocre people are always at their best.

Offline JollyRoger

• That's Captain
  • I be plundering the interweb for booty.
    • View Profile
Re: PSYC 1000....how to piss off your professor
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:48 PM »
HA!!!

Nice.
No matter how hard you try to push the envelope, remember it's only stationary.