Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:20:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75
Total: 75

Permissions

Author Topic: Netwar 20 - nov-13th  (Read 4172 times)

Offline jharsh

• How the heck is THAT?!?
    • View Profile
    • www.386page.com
Netwar 20 - nov-13th
« on: October 14, 2010, 12:04:19 PM »
It's been a while since I last posted here. Looks like someone fell asleep so I shall post this.

I will not be there as I don't see strapping my system to my bicycle and going out 120 blocks! Perhaps some day south Omaha will get a lanparty again.

From the netwar e-mail...
--------------------------

Greetings,

Can you believe it?  NETWAR 20.0 is just about 1 month away!  Can you feel the excitement?!?  Have you registered?
We have yet another great event planned for this November and we need to see all of your smiling faces to make it a complete success!

We need all-hands on deck in support of our events.   If you have not registered yet for the event, please do so, please do not wait till the last minute as so many of our attendees do, registering early attracts more attendees and more sponsorships, we need to have large numbers many weeks out, not the week before the event.  Prepaying is even better as it will secure your seat and help us plan out the event better, as well as give you the early prepay discount.  But if you just do not want to shell out the cash so early out, then please at least register for the event.  Thank you!

Photos and Videos
We would like to invite you to check out the photos and video from NETWAR 19.0 on the NETWAR web site.

NETWAR 20.0 Registration & Prepay
NETWAR 20.0 will take place at The Digz Sports Arena in Omaha, Nebraska on Friday November 12, 2010 at 7:00pm.  The event will last for 26 hours straight, ending at 9:00pm on Saturday night, November 13th.

Please get yourself registered and prepaid for NETWAR 20.0 as soon as possible, this helps us grow our sponsorships and helps us gain additional attendees.
To prepay, all you need to do is visit www.netwar.org and click on “Prepay now”.  You may pay with PayPal or a credit/debit card.  To pay with credit/debit, during the checkout click on “Don’t have a PayPal account? Use your credit card or bank account”.  For this event we will NOT be accepting payments at the door, you MUST prepay online to be able to attend our events.  If you absolutely cannot pay online, please contact us and we can provide you with other options.

Entry Fee Breakdown
$25 (If pre-paid online before October 25th)
$30 (If pre-paid online between October 25th - October 31st)
$35 (If pre-paid online between November 1st - November 7th)
$40 (If pre-paid online between November 8th - November 13th)
The sooner you prepay the better it helps us to plan and prepare for the event, this is why we penalized the door fee for payments that are getting near event time.
Event entry fee will not be accepted at the door, you must prepay online to attend.

Refunds
Treat this like a concert that is sold out, you must have bought your tickets early, and if you don’t show for the event your tickets are not refundable.  However, we graciously offer a refund up until November 6th.  Just simply email us to request a refund.

Game Voting
Please help us determine what PC based games will be popular at NETWAR 20.0 by letting us know what games you will be playing.  You can do this by visiting our web site and click on 'Vote for Games'.

Tournament Voting
Please help us decide what official PC based tournaments to run at NETWAR 20.0 by visiting the web site and clicking on 'Vote Tournaments'.  To help protect our voting system from people who vote and never actually attend our events, you must now be prepaid for our event to be able to vote for tournaments.

Starcraft II & Call of Duty: Black Ops
Starcraft II was a huge hit this summer at NETWAR 19.0, the tournament we hosted for it went smooth and was a lot of fun.  We are hoping that the popularity for this game will be huge for NETWAR 20.0 and we are currently planning to host a large tournament for it.
Call of Duty: Black Ops comes out November 9, just a few days before our event.  Black Ops is supposed to bring back LAN play just like Call of Duty 4 and we are very excited about its release right before our event.

Spread The Word
Our LAN parties would not have grown to the size they are today without your help.  Please continue by helping us spread the word about our amazing events.  Do your part and post about our events on Facebook, Twitter, forums and any other places you think would help.  In addition, our event flyer can be grabbed off our web site and placed in public locations such as schools and work.  As always, the trusty word-of-mouth method should be able to easily spark interest with others you know.

Email Summary and Actions You need to perform
1.    Register for NETWAR 20.0
2.    Prepay for NETWAR 20.0
3.    Vote for Games you will be playing
4.    Vote for Tournaments you want at the event
5.    Like our Facebook page
6.    Spread the word about our event (Flyers, Forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
7.    Join the NETWAR community on our forums

For more information about the event, please read through our web site.
Now go get yourself registered and prepaid, and we will see you there!

www.netwar.org

TRAVIS KREIKEMEIER “Curium”
EVENT COORDINATOR
NETWAR

If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please reply back and let us know.  Thank you!

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
Re: Netwar 20 - nov-13th
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »
That's too bad.  We miss seeing you at the parties.

Curium has been asking me to start up again for a long time since he wants to play not admin once in a while.  However, it is a matter of staff and time.  Most of the crew that ran the Ambush! events have gone off in separate ways because of life moving on as it prone to do.  Along that line, I now work as a consultant again, and spend most of my time somewhere else in the country so I don't have the time needed to manage an event.

Let me know how things are for you though, I always wonder what my gaming friends are up to these days.

Z
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »
Netwars date has been changed. Here is the follow up email for everyone.

Quote from: Curium
Greetings,

I know everyone is very excited about NETWAR 20.0, however due to unforeseen circumstances we are going to move the date of the event from November 12-13 to December 3-4.  We apologize for this inconvenience and we hope that you will still be able to make it to the event on December 3rd and 4th.  This will be our first event ever in the month of December in the 8 years we have been hosting LAN parties.  Very exciting!

If you have already registered and prepaid and you plan on attending December 3rd and 4th then you will not need to take any action on your part.  If you have registered but have not prepaid, then what are you waiting for!  Get yourself paid up!  If you have not done either, then you got issues, you are missing out on one of the greatest LAN parties in the country!  Get yourself registered and paid.

If you cannot make it out to the event on the new date, then please unregister from the event if you have registered for it.  If you have also prepaid, please contact us and request a refund.

All of the prepay deadlines have been moved back 3 weeks.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, we hope this does not stop you from being able to make it out to an awesome NETWAR LAN party and have a great time!

www.netwar.org

TRAVIS KREIKEMEIER “Curium”
EVENT COORDINATOR
NETWAR

If you wish to be removed from our mailing list, please reply back and let us know.  Thank you!
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 10:57:11 PM »
And I will not be available that weekend.  The old date I would have been able to make work. :(
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Contacts