Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:35:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 100
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 84
Total: 84

Permissions

Author Topic: Adobe Flash Update  (Read 3159 times)

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
Adobe Flash Update
« on: June 29, 2010, 08:13:02 AM »
There have been some serious security issues found with the previous versions of Flash from Adobe and it is highly recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of Flash.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

However when you go to the page to get the latest version you are also forced to install their Download Manager application/plug-in which will take over your download operations if you are using Firefox.  You are also given the option of installing the McAfee Security Plus Scan tool, although you may not notice that it is checked and will install it by default since the BIG yellow button marked Agree and Install will draw your attention first.

When you click that yellow button you are not only agreeing to install the Flash player you are agreeing to install their Download Player.

If you are anything like me you don't appreciate having to use thier app to do what you can do just fine already.  With a poking around I found the support page and  at the bottom is exactly what I was looking for, the install file WITHOUT any additional unwanted baggage.

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/support/index.html
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
Re: Adobe Flash Update
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:12:13 PM »
Thanks for the post, I hate the additional stuff Adobe makes you install. Its worse enough when a good portion of it is preinstalled with their software that I need.
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »
They really have become a sneaky little company with a silent monopoly on the market.  There are others who do some of what they do, but nobody can exactly to the products they do...  Flash is a great example.
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline Mr_Anderson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 05:39:56 PM »
They sure have been and I know Apple is fighting them especially with the HTML5 vs Flash. I've heard of other companies trying to get away from flash as well because of those things along with how vulnerable flash can be.
Don't fear, the Rocket Master is here!

:RPG: