General > Life

Colorado May Not Happen

(1/4) > >>

Mr_Anderson:
So I figured I would post here since I'm pissed of and stressed after dealing with this company.

As some of you know, I was hired onto War Games Interactive and was to head out late September but upon many delays for various reasons it looks like I won't be heading out there. For the last two months right after Thanksgiving, limited to no information was being sent out as to what was going on within the company and why we where not heading out there to start working. After New Years, I started to pursue getting information as to what happened to the company, why we haven't gotten an update, and what is currently going on which I was given a reply of that there will be an update after this person I talked to would get back from his vacation. After two weeks of friends being told the same thing that we should get a response and an update, it was still sent out. Earlier this week I put some more pressure on getting information for this update that everyone that is not in the Denver area needed.

I thought I'd post the last few emails to show what I've been dealing with here and see what your guys thoughts on this since I'm at the end of my rope with them and I don't know if I should even try to continue with them if it magically does start.

Side note, yes I have been applying to different companies during this whole time as well as sent an email to my old job asking to see if there was an open position. I also may have a lead to Disney Animations and will be giving my friend a call tomorrow to see what the status is on that.

Rob is the Vice President of Operations for this supposed company.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 6:37 PM

Hi Rob,

A company wide update is really needed right now. It really has been too long since we have heard anything from the company and especially since you told me that you would send one out after your vacation was over. There have been many rumors floating around and people hearing different things which it will really help to have you set everything straight by letting us know what is going on with the company, what the projected times are for getting this company up and running, finalizing an actual move date, and most of all finalizing when we will be working. What worries me the most is that it was stated that we would be moving back in September and now it has almost 4 months since with no actual move date in mind as well as the limited communication coming from the company itself. 

I know you have been really busy but it is really important for a lot of us to be notified as to what is going on with the company and if this is somehow starting in the near future, we need to know when because it does take us time to find those apartments and get all the contract information through.

Please respond to this because we really do need an official update as to what is going on.

Thanks for your time,

Andrew #######

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:31 AM

I will send an update tomorrow. Sorry. I have been dealing with personal stuff ever since I returned.

Rob ######

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:46 AM

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the reply but I hate to continually ask for these updates since we didn't receive them again but the people out side of the Denver area really do need to know what is going on. With the lack of information coming out from the company, it has been questionable as to if this will actually happen or not and how well the company will operate. Please send out an update for us this week because a lot of us do need it. I know you may be dealing with things within the company and personally, but it doesn't take too much time to send out something to everyone within the company.

It will be really helpful for you to get this update out there

Thank you for your time,

Andrew #######

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:09 PM

Well, if you can get me the email addresses for everyone involved, then I will gladly get this done. But as of now, I currently only have a few people.

Get me the list, and I will send the email.

Rob ######

Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 11:29 PM

Rob with this reply I now have to seriously ask, is this company actually going to start or are you pulling everyone's chains? So far from what I've seen with this company, everything has been completely unprofessional and in complete chaos. How do you expect me to give you everyone's email addresses for all those that are involved when I only know of a handful while you are the Vice President of Operations. Being in that position, you should either know most that are to be working within the company or if there is a Human Resources manager, you can easily contact them.

I will get you the list of people I can get a hold of but if this company ever does happen, there needs to be some major changes in how things are handled.

Andrew #######

opiesilver:
Time to cut your loses and move on.  Don't expect to have any further contact with them.

Do you care where you live as long as your can start working on something?

Mr_Anderson:
I don't really care where I live as long as I can get my foot in the door to really start my career with the animation industry. I've even been applying over to Singapore just hoping to land something.

opiesilver:
Does it have to be animation related or would you be ok with making an income while waiting to get into animation?

Mr_Anderson:
At this point in time, I'm just looking for any job. I do really want it to be animation related so it can really add to the experience I am lacking on my resume but I will just have to go with whatever I can find so I can get some kind of an income.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version