Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:32:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 58
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Permissions

Author Topic: Opie's Hot Wings v.1.0  (Read 3076 times)

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
  • Well, Santa is 2000 years old....
    • View Profile
Opie's Hot Wings v.1.0
« on: September 28, 2009, 11:01:21 PM »
This is not a recipe you should attempt if you don't like hot, I mean HOT, wings.  I wasn't attempting to make them so hot but it turned out that way anyway.

Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen party wings (Unseasoned)
1 1/2 cups of your favorite dried peppers  (I used new mexico chilies)
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup of White Vinegar
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced finely
1/2 cup of chopped onion
1/2 cup of water
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup of honey
1/4 cup of ketchup
juice from 1 fresh lemon
1 bottle of Lousiana Hot Sauce  (Yes I cheat and it saves 2 hours of cooking to make my own)
1 Roma Tomato diced

Ok guys, and maybe a girl or two, start out by toasting your peppers over medium high heat.  Add a little oil to your pan and get it hot.  Toss in the peppers and let them toast.  You have to turn them quite often to keep them from burning.  That means no questing or fragging during the cooking.
After about 2 minutes add enough water to cover them and let them simmer for about another 10 minutes.  Now that 10 minutes have passed and you have opened another beer, take them off the heat and drain them.  Once the peppers are well drained put them in a blender.

Now it's blender time.  Add both vinegars and the water to the peppers and blend on high for 2 minutes.  You can add a pinch of salt at this time if you want but I think it has enough salt anyway.

Next we are going to cook the onions, garlic and tomato.  Start by melting the butter in a sauce pan and then adding the onions and tomato.  Add the WHOLE bottle of hot sauce to the pan.  <evil grin>  Cook this mix for about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and add to the blender.

Almost blender time again....

Add the ketchup, honey and lemon juice to the blender.  (Yes, I just bought a new blender so I had to make something with it)  BLEND!!  Blend like your life depended on it...or for about 2 minutes.  Keep blending until until the sauce has a nice even appearance to it.  Return this mix to the sauce pan and simmer for another 15 minutes.

Now fry your chicken, instructions for that are all over the internet, or you can bake your chicken.  If you go with the baked chicken option I would suggest taking about a cup of the mix and dipping the chicken in the sauce before placing it on your baking tray.  DO NOT USE the sauce you dipped your raw chicken in for anything else unless you are feeling really lucky.  The kind of luck found in a mexican border town when drinking tap water.  Get the idea?

Now for the ultimate frag.....once your master piece is done, get your best friend (or brother/wife/husband) to take the first bite and watch them explode. :devil:

Seriously though, it tastes great.  Enjoy.

I'll try making a new version in a couple weeks.  I have a great supply of ingredients here in California.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:04:57 PM by opiesilver »
Mediocre people are always at their best.

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
Re: Opie's Hot Wings v.1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:27:59 PM »
if you split the peppers and de-seed them, as well as reducing the amount of hot sauce, it should bring down the heat.  There is a LOT of capsicum in the seeds.
--------------------------------
Zoƫ: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
  • Well, Santa is 2000 years old....
    • View Profile
Re: Opie's Hot Wings v.1.0
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:08:04 PM »
That is kinda the idea here.......HOT HOT HOT
Mediocre people are always at their best.