General > Life

Photonapping...

(1/3) > >>

ZWarrior:
 :swear:

Yeah, that's my feeling about the act of swiping somebodies pic or graphic without asking or crediting.    What am I talking about? Read this and you will understand.  (side note: I followed the link about the pole vaulter and have to agree, she is attractive.)

I actually shut off "hot linking" on this site for a while.  I haven't checked for hot linking in a while, but at one point we had a problem with other forums and sites using our users avatars on their sites by linking back to ours instead of copying the file.

Now that I am doing more photography stuff, I hate the idea of people stealing my work without at least giving me credit.

What is your thought?

JollyRoger:
Photonapping for some uses I don't have a problem with, as long a credit is given, especially in the case of reposting on another site. But I also think that it is the owner's of the art responsibility  to take proper mesures to secure his/her work.
if some one wanted to take a copy of one of my photos for them selves I'm ok with that, but I wouldn't want them trying to make profit from it. 

Mr_Anderson:
They've told us its okay to use other peoples images, the only thing is that you have to modify the original image up to around 75%

ZWarrior:
What about the fact that the other person worked hard to get that shot?  Shouldn't they get some credit for the work?

Boomslang:
You don't want it used by someone then don't post it. Or start a secure website where people could post their pictures for a small fee.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version