Recent Posts

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:27:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 61
  • Latest: AciDeX
Stats
  • Total Posts: 28505
  • Total Topics: 1915
  • Online Today: 68
  • Online Ever: 455
  • (January 13, 2020, 04:13:29 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 45
Total: 45

Permissions

Author Topic: sponsor  (Read 51954 times)

Offline (A!)Rico

• Where\'d he come from?
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2002, 09:08:18 AM »
hey shadow my friends go to a college in seattle and thell be here to visit around christmas for 2 weeks and we all really enjoyed the 1st one we went to and would want to go to one again before they head back up to seattle for the semester
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985

Offline Spade

• Frag of fear!
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2002, 08:20:36 AM »
Sorry for being out for awhile, will try to catch up with you all.  I have a couple suggestions that may help, some for advertising and then some as the game day is taking place.  1.)  It is possible to advertise on Omaha.com and to send out coupons to most major businesses, I have been in touch with Scott quite a bit in the past for such things and may be able to pull some strings to get us on for a reduced rate.  If it is as cheap as the paper, I think it may have more exposure to those types of peaple and businesses that we are looking to target.  2.)  Advanced planning as already mentioned is critical to secure the sponsors and prizes well in advance to go out with the advertising.  3.) Flyers in most of the computer stores is a great idea if that is possible and should be 30 days prior to the event.  We all can do our part and hand some out if we have them well in advance.  4.)  Drawings should be given out throughout the event and not just at the end.  Not all people stay till the end and should be able to claim a prize while they are there.  Example would be the DIT folks, we should have done the drawings before they left.  5.)  More cheeze dip :lol  6.)  Partnering with like Seather to advertise to his following like we did for him.  7.)  Limit the tournaments to 2 or 3 games to insure there is ample time to complete them all.  8.)  Post the ladders and settings of the server for each of the games.  9.)  At some point in the night when most players are there, have a intermission and have each player stand up and share his gaming name and where he or she is from.  So often we dont know who is who and this may create a greater interaction as the night goes on.  10.)  I still like the projector idea as the tournements are going on so those that want to can watch the players via spectator mode.  11.)  Advertising should also include the system requirements and hardware that is required as it may attrack new players that do not have machines that can run some of the newer games.  Maybe DIT would allow a couple machines to be set up and used as a demo for those that want to try a  faster or speedy machine.  Still thinking but that should do for now.
---------------------------
Hit me if you can!:drummer:
---------------------------
:mg-rt: :transloc: :mg-lft:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
  • Shhh! Be wery wery qwiet...
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
sponsor
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2002, 08:35:15 AM »
Good points all.

If I could, I would even post the teams that are competing, but it seems like most of the teams are formed after everyone arrives.  I will keep reading and noting.
--------------------------------
Zoë: Shepard, isn't the Bible kind of specific about killing?
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
  • Well, Santa is 2000 years old....
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2002, 10:01:07 AM »
You know, sometimes I can't help but think Spade is a really smart guy.  Thank God the rest of you bring me back to reality.:lol
Mediocre people are always at their best.

Offline (A!)Rico

• Where\'d he come from?
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2002, 04:48:26 PM »
To spades 9th rule is when we stand up for our name and everything if we state the games we were looking forward to be playing such as counter-strike dod or starcraft, so that we know who to ask if we have a game thats not in the tourney.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

crude

sponsor
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2002, 04:52:12 PM »
i think your best bet is advertising your lan at other lans around the area... people who go to lans go to every lan possible and would have a great chance of getting them to come..

basically, perkins is going to advertise your lan for you guys, no questions asked. we support lans that we feel will be run well and will not attempt to screw people through the prizes (*cough* GZA2). perkins is responsible for about 50 people DIRECTLY who went to GZA2 (ie - they had no idea about it until we told them to go). we cant even estimate who went by us indirectly...

zwarrior, or whoever knows Nolan (urban), should get in contact with him at Omaha Stomping Groundz (www.stompinggroundz.com  90th and Center), or Travis (owner of OSG), and he will be able to help you the most. we will advertise for you guys and tell people who come to our LAN center to attend the Ambush LAN.

[Edited on 11-9-2002 by crude]

Offline (A!)Rico

• Where\'d he come from?
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2002, 04:41:43 PM »
ya if you can post some stuff at edgeracks lanparties they have theres every 3rd saturday of the month

Offline xenophobia

• View Profile
    • http://www.nerdclub.net/
sponsor
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2002, 07:07:12 PM »
Originally posted by crude
... screw people through the prizes (*cough* GZA2)...

just curious why you thought that to be true.  opinions are valuable for improvement.  thanks, xeno.

crude

sponsor
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2002, 09:19:01 PM »
i'd rather not explain why we thought the prizes were not distributed fairly to everyone. nor will i point out the major faults in the way the lan publically. the GZA staff most likely doesnt/didnt recognize it either.

email me (brh68@cox.net) if u want to know more about this for future refrence to running LANs (such as your Nerdclub lans).

[Edited on 11-18-2002 by crude]

Offline xenophobia

• View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2002, 07:32:40 PM »
okay... i emailed you... if you didn't get it, i'd appreciate anything you can help with.  hit me at xenophobia@nerdclub.net

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
sponsor
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2002, 07:14:05 AM »
And sooner or later I am finally going to get to go to a NerdClub LAN!  I have been trying but scheduling is tough.
Book: Very specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzy around the area of kneecaps.

Offline xenophobia

• View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2002, 03:19:22 PM »
beware, we own at UT :D

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2002, 03:24:49 PM »
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

ROFLOL!!!!!!

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

When do you want to prove that?

Offline xenophobia

• View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2002, 05:38:33 PM »
Anytime you so desire.  Preferrably at our upcoming LAN :D  Our team got 2nd at GZA and 1st at the Doane Lanbash.  That's a bit of credability methinks.

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2002, 02:14:08 AM »
I just got my kitchen pass.  Now lets see if I can get a team up.:)

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2002, 02:17:32 AM »
Maybe I should tell you that we won the first GZA and could only stay around for the first day of GZA2.  Prepare yourself for annihilation.   :hat:   Opie is coming for you.  :evil

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
sponsor
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2002, 08:14:23 AM »
We also owned at the 2nd Doane LANbash.  I believe the scores were:
5-0, 5-0, 5-1, 5-0, 5-0, 5-0

Many have been wanting us to play you since we both have tough teams.  Might be fun!

Offline xenophobia

• View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2002, 01:44:16 PM »
If it's anything like our match at GZA2 for the title, I will wet myself.  That was unbelievably close.  I hope to have a match like that again sometime.  UT ownz.  have you guys played deathball yet? (a ut2k3 mod)  that game is fuuuun!

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2002, 12:10:20 AM »
Zeno, we will be there.  There's nothing like the smell of fresh targets in the morning.

Anonymous

sponsor
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2002, 12:18:28 PM »
and in the afternoon.... and in the evening... and in the darkest depths of black known as the night...  :)

Offline xenophobia

• View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2002, 12:19:27 PM »
whoops, ^ was me.

Offline Wolverine of Ambush!

• 88 Members
  • Ker-schnick!
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2002, 02:40:54 PM »
Looks like.. (at this present time)  

The Wolverine and Spade (Dynamic Duo) will be there with weapons unholstered and ready to lay the smack down on some would be 'l33t'. :hotbouns:

I was told that some guy named 'xeno' was planning on whoopin' us into shape.... is this true?  A challenge of sorts?  hmmmmm?    

The story begins......
'Xeno' is already seated. He has his pc started with keyboard and mouse in hands. Properly positioned for the best ability to crush the opposition with ease!

Just then, the door of 'Welcome' for all would be competitors opens as fog billows in from all around. Flashing red, blue, green lights are seen through the fog as 4 people walk in. Who is this? Could it be?  It can't be! But maybe it is!  

Xeno speaks to himself..."I can only imagine what they look like.. I have heard stories.. Something like '8 ft tall.... mice are welded to right hands, keyboards to the left,  they have IV drips of Bawls during competitions'...But those are myths I believe."  

Finally the four walk through the fog. Zwarrior, OpieSilver, Spade, Wolverine.  There is a hush over the room like the sound of silence after a flood destroys everything in its path. They walk in with pride and prestige. The have their gear in one hand and the IV drip of Bawls in the other. Fear fills the room but it doesn't seem to penetrate them or phase them in anyway. Will this be the 4 man crew that will take the championship?

At this point in time, Wolverine tells his crew to stop moving. He sniffs the air as if to warn of something in the air. He walks slowly threw the many competitors who have arrived before them. He slows down as if the hunt is about over. He stops next to a guy named 'Xenophobia'. He nods to the crew. They walk over to him and look at this unknown character. They reply to Wolverine with a "yep,... we agree!"  

Xenophobia who is now perplexed and is curious what they were  saying asks Wolverine, "Hey you, Wolverine, what were they agreeing with you about?"  :8o:

Wolverine in a calm voice replies, "I smell FEAR and you reek of it." :mg-lft:

to be continued..............
Class is in Session.  Get ready to be schooled! :hat:

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
sponsor
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2002, 03:27:28 PM »
I setup a thread for the Nerd Club event. ;)

Offline opiesilver

• Administrator
    • View Profile
sponsor
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2002, 11:43:33 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ZWarrior

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ambush!
sponsor
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2002, 10:37:45 AM »
I finally got a chance to read the story.  That was good writing!  I would have moved it to the story thread, but MAN that was good.